General Categories and Criteria for Nominations:
Please click the below categories to see the Criteria
eInitiative Excellence Award
The "e-Initiative Excellence Award" recognizes an organization that has demonstrated successful implementation of e-Initiatives from the Middle East region. It focuses on the role played by the nominated project or venture in promoting eCulture and encouraging government, businesses, and citizens to utilize eServices and online processes for swift and transparent operations. It pays tribute to organizations involved in eGovernment, eBusiness, and eServices development that deliver excellence in formulating strategies, programs, projects, and necessary infrastructure.
- The nominee has demonstrated a clear understanding and knows how to identify, develop, and deploy innovative hardware and software infrastructure solutions which directly addresses the business needs of the organization and the ICT companies that work with them to deliver information and services to citizens and industry
- The nominee has demonstrated the use of ICT to improve internal efficiency, effectiveness and provide the necessary eManagement tools in assisting bureau and departments to achieve and deliver new and improved services by raising awareness of the individual rights and duties by providing access to all information online
- The nominee has adopted processes that enables collection of multiple data reduces service time, increases the level of transparency, saves finances and minimizes customer satisfaction
- The nominee has secured all means (hardware and software) to safeguard and has more control of the citizen’s personal information
- The nominee has focused on the implementation of appropriate eSystem and strives for its success in promoting public awareness, understanding of the basic law and deliver impact through direct access and commercialization.
- The nominee has played a role in the construction of new government ICT initiatives resulting to infrastructure growth such as telecommunications, internet penetration, and key ICT-related indicators.
- The nominee has promoted transparency of internal procedures; compete with government and eGovernment trends to promote online processes for routine and critical operations.
- The nominee has collaborated federal and state agencies to empirically validate and refine the solution technologies through repeated field trials of prototype technologies
- The nominee has exercised customization of the system to obtain client acceptance.
- The nominee has addressed educational programs to bridge digital divide & propagate e-literacy and distance learning programs.
- The nominee has implemented eReadiness assessment methodology for government organizations that harness improved communications and public relations.
- The nominee has supported fully functional customer service (available 24/7) and supports teams with the capacity to deliver both online and offline support
- The nominee has provided a secure online bill payment service to pay bills towards all governments services such as traffic fines, application fee etc.
- The nominee has moved towards development-oriented and people-centered service delivery culture and clearly demonstrate their achievements and vision for a knowledge-based society
- The nominee has considered people involvement in sharing their views on the latest undertakings of government by gathering feedback from users to be used to enhance services and upgrade products and devices.
- The nominee has generated enough revenues to cover costs and become self financing
- The nominee has employed best practices and case examples that will highlight how eGovernment principles have been applied to specific projects in the developing world.
- The nominee has created all the process of the tasks defined with collaboration of the employees.
- The nominee has merged multiple applications and flat forms for high end use, ensuring online availability of all forms and applications including the facilities for filling up of forms online.
- The nominee ICT initiatives has lead to country’s innovation, industrial, regional development and growth as well as the implementation of a continuous competitiveness improvement program to achieve and maintain world-class performance.
Government Social Media Excellence Award
The “Government Social Media Excellence Award” recognizes an organization from the Middle East region that has demonstrated successful management of social media to deliver services, engage citizens in making better policies whilst enabling the government to operate more efficiently.
- The nominee has developed social media strategies that are focused on supplementing and improving the day-to-day informational and transactional needs of the public
- The nominee has created a strict policy that provides a safe framework for online participation by all its users
- The nominee has implemented social media tools to conduct mission-related transactions and has policies or procedures for implementing the rules and regulations
- The nominee has customized strategies through pervasive use of new and emerging media tools that engage specific niches of the public at events and in interviews.
- The nominee has created social media initiative that are fully accessible, transparent, authentic, and interactive and also inspires people to cooperate for the sake of common concerns
- The nominee has measured the effectiveness of social media strategy and demonstrated its value within the organization
- The nominee has provided mechanisms for combating negative publicity, and measure public sentiment to help inform public policy
- The nominee has adopted progressive new approaches to social software to propagate indirect and intimate influence
- The nominee has developed precise communications evaluations to understand which channels are best for reaching what kind of audiences with what messages
- The nominee has integrated social media platforms into a comprehensive and traditional communications toolkit
- The nominee has utilized the feedback they receive on social media that is incorporated in the same way as information they receive through more conventional channels
- The nominee has utilized social networking tools as sources of information
- The nominee has engaged the employees and the public by connecting them to the organizations goal and strategic plan for future
eCitizen and eParticipation Excellence Awards
The “eCitizen and eParticipation Excellence Awards” recognizes an organization from the Middle East region that has demonstrated high-quality electronic services to the citizens, encouraging their involvement in decision-making and thus sparking evolution towards innovative models of eCitizen eParticipation.
- The nominee has developed a system that enables the citizen to conveniently obtain information about services provided by the state and the citizen's rights and obligations.
- The nominee has demonstrated skills in analyzing the techniques of optimization the consumption by the realization of the e-citizen initiatives
- The nominee has integrated electronic services that allows Citizen to lodge reports relating to civic matters
- The nominee has demonstrated active participation- collaboration in which citizens actively shape policy options, but where government retains the responsibility for final decisions
- The nominee has demonstrated commitment towards engagement using ICT that strengthens the development of partnerships between governments and citizens
- The nominee has facilitated knowledge-sharing and discussion amongst participants including community consultation
- The nominee has deployed methods that are accessible to complement traditional means of engagement that assists citizens to participate and build their capability for contributing to policy development
- The nominee has endorsed consistent standards for communication, demonstrated respect, build confidence and trust in online engagements
- The nominee has implemented flexible and innovative ICT-enabled mechanisms that cater citizens who are diversely located due to socio-economic circumstances
- The nominee has implemented policies for privacy protection, information security with appropriate identity authentication measures
Cloud Computing Excellence Award
The “Cloud Computing Excellence Award” recognizes an organization from the Middle East region that has demonstrated consistence in delivering dedicated services to public sector organizations that employ trusted cloud computing and new applications delivery models to support growing public demands and drive better citizen experience of government services.
- The nominee has created a strong framework that will be used to manage the provisioning of new cloud computing applications based on shared re-usable components
- The nominee has implemented wide-ranging cloud computing architecture that covers modern applications, data storage management and security services
- The nominee has prepared strategies on reduction of carbon footprint due to government ICT services
- The nominee has used cloud computing tools that increases capability and security, reduces costs and accelerates deployment speeds
- The nominee has developed automated processes that support activities such as change management and service reporting
- The nominee has solved problems that deals with business intelligence and data warehousing in a cloud computing environment
- The nominee has determined cloud readiness regarding security, market availability, government readiness and technology lifecycle
- The nominee has implemented procedures to ensure that the cloud computing service providers are sufficiently transparent
- The nominee has driven innovation that drives government-wide adoption of cloud and identifies next-generation cloud technologies
- The nominee has created and identified performance and reliability standards in cloud computing contracts
- The nominee has implemented process that leverage cloud computing accelerators that are available to agencies to expedite government process of evaluating cloud candidates, acquiring the cloud capability, and mitigating risk
- The nominee has modernized the workplace by providing new and unique functions, like the ability for distributed teams to collaborate securely and seamlessly beyond the corporate firewall and allowing its users to integrate social business tools to legacy applications
G-ERP Excellence Award
The “G-ERP Excellence Award” recognizes an organization from the Middle East region who has demonstrated fast, cost-effective and more consistent certified ERP enabled solutions to provide response to government challenges and confirm a comprehensive process management framework to serve the general public.
- The nominee has demonstrated extensive cost optimization as major architectural considerations for government ERP adoption
- The nominee has implemented key performance indicators for defining, measuring, and communicating the economic, social, and political returns of government project or programs
- The nominee has ensured economic accountability through internal controls, rules-based compliance measures and real time policy visibility
- The nominee has demonstrated a system that is heavily secured against fraud, hackers, and internal corruption
- The nominee has implemented modules to measure efficiency and productivity in the government process management, information management, and customer management
- The nominee has implemented robust applications enough to accommodate multiple stakeholders, aggregate data from a number of information systems, and support reporting and compliance efforts
- The nominee has simplified the complex environment of the government institutions through a common system-interface
- The nominee has the implemented ERP functions to improve citizen satisfaction, respond to customer demands for better services and governmental performance targets
- The nominee has eliminated the administrative burdens of managing disparate systems and unmanageable interfaces
- The nominee has identified opportunities to reduce spending by eliminating the cost of maintaining legacy systems
- The nominee has demonstrated radical business transformation through process integration, standardization and process-centering
- The nominee has increased public satisfaction by using powerful ERP tools to profile demographics and determine their specific needs, behaviors, and preferences
eBanking Excellence Award
The “eBanking Excellence Award” will be presented to a bank or financial institution, from the Middle East region that has demonstrated globally competitive level of customer service, service efficiency, capability in the use of the latest eBanking technology and management expertise. The bank nominated for this award will be an eBanking role model for all other banks.
The nominee has developed and implemented innovative eBanking technology and solutions.
The nominee has implemented and eased use of new technologies for organizations and customers, thereby improving customer service and satisfaction.
The nominee has executed the use of latest technology to increase online transaction security.
The nominee has provided expansion in a range of online banking services
The nominee has promoted use of online banking to reduce service costs (e.g. free email alerts, free bill payments, etc.)
The nominee has promoted safe eBanking practices and encourage EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)
The nominee has demonstrated an eBanking vision and strategy that makes it globally competitive
The nominee has developed strategies for attracting and servicing online customers, growth in the number of online customers, breadth of product offerings and website design and functionality
The nominee has a proven track record of implementing the latest eBanking services, offering world-class eBanking products, services, and communicating business and management practices
The nominee has initiated and implemented policies and plans to successfully prepare its employees for delivering eBanking services
The nominee has been successful in promoting eBanking as the preferred option among customers
The nominee has been able to achieve substantial growth in the number of online customers
The nominee has encouraged electronically controlled and thoroughly monitored e-banking environment, thereby discouraging many illegal and illegitimate practices associated with banking industry like money laundering, frauds and embezzlements.
mGovernment Excellence Award
The “mGovernment Excellence Award” recognizes an organization from the Middle East region that has demonstrated excellence in the adoption of wireless mobile technologies in government related activities; using complex strategies and tools for e-government efforts towards performing their significant roles in serving the general public.
- The nominee has developed strategies involving the utilization of all kinds of mobile technology, services, applications and devices to support all areas involved in e-government including citizens, business and all government units
- The nominee has set mobile internet technology standards and protocols towards faster and more sophisticated applications
- The nominee has offered easy access to mGovernment information in alternative forms, possibly, using video and voice communications
- The nominee has built enforcement applications of mGovernment that leads to cost effective and efficient operations against crime and safety promotions
- The nominee has amplified mobile device penetration to increase the participation of citizens in overall government affairs
- The nominee has adopted multiple channels to resolve issues of interoperability, data quality and transparency
- The nominee has employed semantic technologies that will support interoperability among e-government services across organizational, regional and linguistic borders
- The nominee has redefined the sophistication stages and the indicators used to evaluate the system
- The nominee has endorsed reengineering processes and information systems
- The nominee has defined processes and technologies to tackle the vulnerability caused by wireless networks, mobile phone numbers and mobile devices which are relatively easily hacked
- The nominee has developed business intelligence solutions in mobile computing including concrete policy systems eGov mobility modernization
- The nominee has put into practiice advanced digital processes that support mobile platforms and tools to monitor the end-user impact of mobile web applications
eBusiness Portal Excellence Award
The "eBusiness Portal Excellence Award" recognizes an eBusiness portal, from the Middle East region, that offers multiple online services as a "one stop shop" for customers. Vibrant, easy to use, informative, and transactional, the winning portal will serve as an example for other organizations to follow when setting up their portals.
- The nominee should have offered multiple online services as a "one stop shop" for customers and been operational for at least 12 months, achieving “all time - all online” features such as services/communication/exceptions/surveys/declarations, etc.
- The portal may belong to a private business offering its services or to an organization offering third-party business services, approaching and inspiring different cultures and providing products / services of enormous variety with effective product display and presenting a portfolio of offerings, describing each item fully.
- The portal has reduced the need for physical presence of the staff, single sign-on access and secure identity policies.
- It should have efficient auction modules, language specific alerts and responses and custom packages (group of items) as per customer category.
- The portal is tested and works in different scenarios, while providing a way to access, browsers etc. and exhibit the innovative use of portal technology, content, search, online transactions and ease of use and navigation while maintaining accuracy of the given information.
- The portal has offered secure payment options to its customers and should have a proven track record of encouraging online payment and total online services.
- The portal has facilitated interaction between business to business, businesses to consumer, consumer to consumer interaction, allowing customers to have their purchase history, providing discussion channels for same kind of customer categories along with existing customer loyalty programs.
- The portal has enabled a link of internal and external data processing systems more efficiently and flexibly, enable to work more closely with suppliers and partners and able to better satisfy the needs and expectations of their customers.
- The portal has good telecommunications infrastructure and establish good legal framework against fraudulent and unauthorized transactions.
- It should track new and emerging technologies along with best commercial practices, have traffic metrics, transaction metrics for site performance and be reliable and accurate in billing, keeping records and service timings.
- Shipping mechanism and fee, product delivery, return refund and exchange policies or additional service charges should be clearly defined for all regions and avoid any hidden charges.
- The portal has offered surveys to analyze market trends, creative marketing and advertising techniques, online advertising and banner exchange facilities to other businesses and customers.
- The portal should use multiple media such as wireless, mobile, and/or PDA to serve its customers and exhibit an exemplary use of graphic and interactive design services including: Graphic design, Interface design, Interaction design, Information design, corporate identity and branding.
- It should facilitate to connect suppliers, distributors and other partners in order to increase efficiencies.
- The portal should be easy to access, provides 24/7 support and offers efficient resolution of complaints or issues; maintaining timeframe and escalations for every ticket with a comprehensive automated response system and FAQs.
Mobile Application Development Excellence Award
Mobile Application Development Excellence Award honors the best mobile application built to deliver content, news or other medium used as a utility on smart phones and tablets that impact how consumers interact with their devices to drive better efficiencies in technology, marketing or entertainment.
- The nominee combines technology expertise, innovative research techniques and new approaches together to offer our clients the best solution of the problem.
- The nominee demonstrates technology driven business process transformation initiatives they have mastered the processes, methodologies, approach, mind set and infrastructure to overcome the challenges of operating Mobile Application Development teams to deliver support to their clients
- The nominee extends functionality and information access to reach more customers regardless of time and place
- The nominee demonstrates extension of online services into mobile interfaces to promote business growth
- The nominee follows the trends and best practices within the mobile marketplace to create not only a cutting edge and high quality application but the marketing campaign necessary to its success
- The nominee develops highly interactive applications that are extremely user friendly and offer functional excellence
- The nominee develops new strategic initiatives that involves extending their services to their consumers with state of art mobile application
- The nominee continuously strives to be at the forefront of technology and is constantly testing new theories, forming new partnerships and bringing better service and products.
- The nominee develops best mobile application built to deliver content, entertainment, news or other media, on smart phones that impact how consumers interact with their handset to drive better efficiencies in technology, marketing or entertainment
eSolutions Provider Excellence Awards
The “eSolutions Provider Excellence Award” will be presented to a government or business organization, from the Middle East, which has provided e-Solutions to help businesses become more profitable by providing technology based solutions that reduce costs, improve data gathering, and eliminate errors. It honors and recognizes the commitment to provide solutions and services along with state-of-the-art information technology that enables businesses to gain a competitive edge.
- The nominee has enabled the automation of business and financial management functions and enhanced the strategic value of financial and operational information.
- The nominee has generated technical power and creative ideas together in a unified team, providing a unique insight into today's leading ideas and best practices.
- The nominee has helped communities connect through its e-Solutions.
- The nominee has revolutionized the way the country’s and the region’s outlook at managing data, communications, communities and markets online.
- The nominee has leveraged the cost and flexibility benefits of universal access to high capability applications from any internet access point.
- The nominee has offered new advanced e-solutions and data services to customers as diverse as consumers, businesses and governments
- The nominee has created a single unit, ideally positioned to maximize the efficiency of operations and exploit new opportunities that arise in the market.
- The nominee has provided the highest standards of response to customers’ requirements by offering the latest and most innovative e-Solutions to make life easy.
- The nominee has facilitated a complete portfolio of Internet offerings, value added services, Information Communication Technology consultancy and project management.
- The nominee has been a one-stop e-Solutions partner for online needs.
Information and Knowledge Portal Excellence Award
The "Information and Knowledge Portal Excellence Award" recognizes the best knowledge and information portal providing up-to-date information in a productive manner that supports all-round knowledge building efforts in the Middle East region. Portals can represent an organization or any particular industry or group. The judges will select the portal that best serves the organization's purposes through exemplary use of contents, graphic and interactive design services.
- The Information and Knowledge Portal should make the access to information and knowledge very easy and provide people with all kinds of information, connecting people to people, people to content, and people to organization through collaboration of individual, workgroups and business lines.
- The portal should act as a collaboration platform to facilitate efficient information management and thus prevent company knowledge from descending into oblivion.
- The portal should have clear procedure selection and validation of the content along with a definition of procedures for collection of information and fulfilling information and knowledge requirements of the target market or purpose.
- It should ensure portal building and content management tool definition, focusing on improved performance, competitive advantage, innovation & continuous improvement
- The portal should provide greater focus on the management of knowledge as a strategic asset encouraging the exchange of knowledge and retaining intellectual capital to reduce employee turnover in an organization.
- The portal should raise public awareness about the world’s front-burner issues, offering a wide range of high-quality information resources, content and service, representing diverse data collection on one single search platform.
- It should integrate appropriate applications, support authentication and permit customization and personalization, providing a seamless view of different cultures collectively, which logically presents information by interest groups with enhanced delivery.
- It should provide the ability to connect end-users to a single gateway of customized, personalized, consolidated, integrated, and enhanced information, and identify groups of users and requirement specifications.
- It should increase collaboration among users/employees and increase efficiency by collating the knowledge gained by its employees in a way that others could access them easily as well as consist of self-explanatory manuals, videos or necessary information required by different users/employees in different scenarios
- The portal should reflect appropriate utilization of graphics for all Internet connections, cross-searching, cross-referencing, discussion forums, collaborative tools and personalization must be provided.
- The portal should support systematic environmental scanning, including political, economic, technology, social and environmental trends and embed knowledge into business processes and management decision making.
- It should contain a standardized and easy user interface and navigation, should support active process support functionalities; like checklists, workflows, and to-do lists, develop resource/ knowledge base and perform analysis on the database for process or product development or enhancement.
- The portal should ensure security for all sensitive data & back end systems, provide easy, reliable access to a variety of disparate information services, and deliver relevant and up-to-date information through user-defined filters.
eHealth Excellence Award
The "e-Health Excellence award", honors those health care organizations who have achieved excellence in innovative usage of ICT, use of pioneering technologies and tools in healthcare services to support superior outcomes across the broad spectrum of services and activities delivered by healthcare professionals. Healthcare contains a broad spectrum of services and activities delivered by a team of health personnel.
- The nominee should have demonstrated the breadth of the nominee’s leadership and commitment to effectively and efficiently integrate information and communication technologies, such as electronic health record systems, into educational materials.
- The nominee should have demonstrated an exceptional contribution in e-health through: curriculum development/renewal; creation of innovative educational programs; faculty development; development of enabling policies; and/or other mechanisms that would encourage the incorporation of e-health in medical education.
- The nominee should have demonstrated a good level of creativity in deploying appropriate technologies to develop the product, with a good mix of functions and features and focus on customer-centricity.
- The nominee has demonstrates thoughtful consideration of the question and provide good, clear and consistent competence in responses.
- The nominee must have made an exceptional contribution, for a sustained engagement, or for a lifetime of exceptional leadership, which has had an impact across GCC region.
- The nominee must have showcased a tremendous value to community and society at large in e-health sector through accessibility and reach, social integration and impact on quality of human well being.
- The nominee has demonstrated best practices in health care sector by using IT in promoting patient safety, use of mobile technology in healthcare, healthcare inter operability and usage of social media in healthcare.
- Routinely contributes to the countrywide knowledge development of standards by publishing and/or advertising in journals and magazines, etc.
- Delivered solutions which are first-of-kind, demonstrate clear support for defined regional standards, or otherwise demonstrate a capability to take commercial risks while delivering benefit to the Country’s healthcare system, patients, and/or staff.
- The nominee has demonstrated leadership in eHealth deployment, innovation, policy development, advocacy or training at regional level towards the transformation of healthcare.
eTransport Excellence Award
The “eTransport Excellence Award” will be presented to a government or business organization from the Middle East region that has encouraged adoption of electronic services, computing technologies, integrating services from different operators either directly or indirectly related to transportation, revolutionizing travel and modernization of public transport service. It honors and recognizes the commitment to provide solutions and services along with state-of-the-art information technology that enables much enhanced experience for passengers, greater use of public transport, reduced congestion, reduced carbon emissions and more responsive transport on demand.
- The nominee has developed processes that keep pace with the best technological standards that seek to offer improved customer services
- The nominee has developed various strategies and creative projects, built unique IT governance models for the organization, implemented industry standard frameworks, several cost saving initiatives and various societal contributions.
- The nominee has built the commitment to engagement using ICT to strengthen the development of partnerships between governments and citizens.
- The nominee has integrated electronic services that allow citizens to plan a journey, track a vehicle, book appointments with road transport offices, to register their grievances and to know the status of their redressal and other information such as tax rates of vehicles, contact details, etc.
- The nominee has demonstrated valuable safety norms to customers by engaging latest technologies and software applications.
- The nominee has endorsed consistent standards for communication, demonstrated respect, build confidence and trust in online engagements
- The nominee has adopted electronic services, computing technologies, and integrated services from different operators either directly or indirectly related to transportation.
- The nominee has demonstrated initiative on the environmental matter to curb manmade disasters and improvement over any existing technologies, methods and public acceptance.
Women's IT Skills Development Excellence Award
The Women’s IT Skills development Excellence Award recognizes an organization from the middle East region that has demonstrated training programs aimed at empowering women and improving their IT skills and knowledge to enable them to further their contributions to the economic and social development programs in the Middle East region.
- The nominee should have demonstrated efforts and support for empowerment women by introducing training programs that seeks to support and train women to develop their technical skills to enable them to manage their work and businesses.
- The nominee should have opened the doors to networking, business development, joint ventures, collaboration, professional development and a variety of women’s leadership opportunities.
- The nominee strives and its initiative reflects the motivation, determination and ambition of all those women who are striving to become active members in society and in building their country.
- The nominee should have deployed training programs aimed at empowering women with confidence, skills, and technical know-how that allow them to advance to managerial, decision-making positions.
- The nominee should have demonstrated development of management strategies and operating model to source, train, promote and retain women.
- The nominee demonstrates improving technical skills amongst women, is key as the network has become the fabric that helps people to communicate, collaborate, and conduct business
- The nominee demonstrates the main objective is to create insights, opportunities, growth and development for women within the information and communications technology sector
- The nominee’s project aims to set up a professional pool of women and improve their ICT skills so they have a better chance of getting jobs in the technology industry.
- The nominee has considered showcasing of appropriate technologies and organizing demonstration programs for the benefit of women
- The nominee should have employed best practices in the use of technology to strengthen competitiveness of gainful activities by women.
- The nominee promotes regional, national and international awareness and interest among women in technical field
- The nominee contributes to women's economic empowerment through the integration of entrepreneurship and gender-sensitivity perspective in its technology-based community training programs.
- The nominee plays a vital role in strengthening women’s management, leadership and technical skills that enhance and bring to scale programs that advance women’s economic opportunities and build the next generation of women business leaders and entrepreneurs
- The nominee should have developed technical skills of women to keep them up with the latest technology
- The nominee develops women’s skills in troubleshooting of ICT problems and resolving them wherever possible.
- The nominee develops women’s skills with latest updates in Internet, networking and simultaneously provides them jobs in IT field.
Best Use of ICT Excellence Award
The Best Use of ICT Excellence Award identifies and honors the most outstanding users of Information and Technology who have shaped the success of ICT industry in GCC. This prestigious award is bestowed upon government organizations that have made remarkable and successful effort at reducing the digital divide, ‘by connecting’ previously ‘unconnected’ citizens.
- The nominee should have demonstrated use of information and communication tools that are sustainable for a longer period of time and appropriate to the needs and the specific contexts of the community it is serving
- The initiative involves active participation from its beneficiary communities, strengthens the capacity of the people that are involved in implementing the project, and interacts demonstrably with the broader social context, e.g., local communities and business, government, other organizations, etc.
- Use of ICT enabled services
- The nominee should have demonstrates effectiveness of the use of current technology and improvement of government services
- The nominee demonstrates value to government and public by the use of information and communication tools.
- The nominee develops, maintains and facilitates the implementation of sound and integrated IT architecture
- The nominee promotes effective and efficient design and operation of all major information resource management processes, including improvements to work processes
- The nominee should have created continued-learning environment for government IT workforce
- The nominee conducts on-going training and workshops to raise awareness of and build capacity in ICT measurement
- The nominee broadens the reach and impact of pilot ICT initiatives targeted towards economic empowerment
- The nominee demonstrates operational performance improvement as a result of deploying the structured problem solving methodology
- The nominee demonstrates unwavering support for ICT and actively participates in ICT initiatives
- The nominee fosters multi-stakeholder cooperation and active participation among different sectors like business, government and other organizations in the region.
- The nominee demonstrates the awareness of both the opportunities and limitations of ICTs, among people involved in its implementation.
- The nominee demonstrates excellence in methodology or deliverables with emphasis o ICT applications
ePayment Excellence Award
The "ePayment Excellence Award" is presented to the organization, from the Middle East region, with an online payment solution that is a true asset to the business that deploys it. This award is given to an organization who has demonstrated improved productivity, security, ease of use, and acceptability among users.
- The ePayment gateway project should provide a mechanism to handle the online payment for goods and services and support the delivery of eServices of the public sector and assist the private sector’s moves into eBusiness and eCommerce.
- The online payment solution can be from a business or a governmental organization
- It should be innovative, available 24/7 and simplify the processing of payment transactions for eServices and eShopping.
- It should provide a very flexible system capable of supporting virtually any type of consumer or business payment with an easy and user-friendly web interface for payment methods with a selection of bank or financial institution that has a highly secured service.
- The system should provide easy reimbursement in case of transaction failure; have an easy to view fee – and no hidden charges.
- It should provide confirmation of user accounts by email or personal mobile number for tight security.
- It should offer an interface for merchants to monitor and control payments and manage their transactions, tight integration of merchant account with shopping cart, customization of shopping carts with least number of re-directions and payments reaching merchant accounts in the least amount of time.
- It should send invoices and payment reminders by emails and encourage customers to buy online with different schemes and discounts
- It should implement fault tolerant infrastructure with business continuity plan – disaster recovery architecture, security certificates implementation and compliance to the International Money Laundering Laws, and enable efficient electronic transactions all over the country.
- It should provide user security using secure service layer (SSL) from authentic providers.
- It should update currency conversions, verify users quickly and easily, request authorizations, be able to print all authorization details, and address user privacy and fraud concerns.
- It should provide real-time transactions and reporting, FAQ and 24/7 customer service.
- It should provide a secure mechanism to handle online payments, provide efficient electronic transactions, simplify processing of payment transactions and have a debt recovery mechanism in place.
- It should offer a variance of web interfaces for various languages and allows search tools for customers, transaction and enable automated email confirmation to merchant and customer.
- It should provide payment processing status report and form data correction, multiple currencies supported like USD, EUR, GBP, AED, and etc.
- It should register purchase with the manufacturer or service provider for warranty, technical support or similar purposes.
- The merchant should be able to submit a credit card transaction to the payment gateway on behalf of a customer via secure connection.
Collapse all | Expand all